Why Get A TABLET?
Although TABLET first came in to the market back in the 1990’s, it’s the new range of these portable computers that has taken the world by storm. Sales of tablet devices are booming with nearly 69 million units sold in 2011, which was an increase of 155% on 2010. Devices such as the Apple iPad and Samsung Galaxy Tab have hit the headlines and everyone wants a piece of the action.
So the question beckons: Why get a TABLET?
- Lightweight – The physical strain of carrying a lightweight tablet is far less than that of carrying a full size laptop computer.
- Portable – The typical screen size on a tablet device is around 7 – 10 inches which means they easily fit in to most backpacks, carry bags, or briefcases.
- Presentations – A rising trend among students and business people is the use of tablet devices to run presentations. Loading a presentation on to a tablet device is relatively simple and unit can then be easily transported between meetings or classes.
- Fast start up – Most laptop computers generally take around 10 – 30 seconds to start-up, however the initial start up on a tablet device is generally around 2 – 10 seconds.
- Easy web browsing – Portability and fast start up combine to make the tablet a first choice for quick web browsing, especially whilst on the move. A good example would be looking up a recipe for a meal. The tablet can be transported easily to the kitchen, the recipe found online, and the cooking process followed. This type of simple activity is where tablets excel.
- Education – Tablet devices are now widely used and accepted by education institutes across the world. The key reason for this success has been the ability to offer a more interactive learning experience which is warmly received by school aged children in particular. As a result there are now an increasing number of educational applications being made which will only further cement the tablets position within the classroom.
- Fun – There is just something fun about a tablet. It may just be the hype surrounding a new technological device, but most TABLET owners swear by them. There has to be something to it!